Homeopathy for free
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Preventing colds with nosodes

3 posters

Go down

Preventing colds with nosodes Empty Preventing colds with nosodes

Post  selmanaka Tue May 25, 2010 6:17 am

Hi, it's been years I use nosodes to prevent colds with my little daughter. They do usually work if the cold is caught in the first day or very early. I use energetic 'testing' to determine which nosode she needs and then give her the drops.

These are usually Sanum products (like variations of Peniccilium in D6 dilutions) or other things like Hypericum, Ledum, Ferrum Phosphoricum, Allium cepa, Arnica or whatever tests.

If the cold is caught a bit later (by the third day), the remedies won't work as well and she'll develop symptoms like in a normal cold.

I have a question concerning her immune system haunting me for years. She's now 6 years old. Will this type of treatment mess up with her immune system because her body rarely has the opportunity to fight colds on her own??

thank you for any opinions!

She had been treated with classic homeopathy years ago, but not recently (last 2 years or so).

selmanaka

Back to top Go down

Preventing colds with nosodes Empty Re: Preventing colds with nosodes

Post  scarface Tue May 25, 2010 9:02 am

Hi Selma and welcome to this forum !

In my oppinion, you can use nosodes or any other type of remedy which are working for acute colds, but this is not a long time solution and is only treating the symptoms but not the cause. So the best is to strenght the immune sistem so one doesn't develop cold anymore so easily.

So if she has a constititional weakness this should or could be treated homeopathically. There are some remedies with a tendency for colds - like Tuberculinum - and they might help eliminate this tendency.

If she makes mistakes like drinking cold after beeing hot, getting outside with wet hair and so on, she should learn to avoid these in the future. Even with the best health, doing wrong things it won't stop you getting a cold when you make this kind of mistakes.
A lot about health has to do with nutrition too. Bad food - even natural things like raw onions, strawberries, a lot of milk, potatos, pork, etc - will spoil the blood and make the body weak for any kind of disease. Actually the "colds" and allergies are just a cleaning of the body.
The nose is the forlast, the skin is the last way to get rid of some bad thing from the body.
One cannot work only with homeopathy in such cases, one has to take care of all levels that have to do with the health. This is what I think myself.

You did not mention how often she gets a cold and when and how it does happen. How old is she ?

Scarface

scarface

Back to top Go down

Post  selmanaka Tue May 25, 2010 9:48 am

Thanks for your reply! She is 6 years old.

I would say, she catches a cold every month or even more in winter. If not a cold, it is something else, but usually infectious (GI tract 'cold', flu...). But many such infections, I block development with such nosodes.

Her main problem is tendency to collapse when dealing with infections in general.

She got normal kid's colds and infections as small, nothing specially bad. She had though eczema caused by food allergies (controlled with strict diet and homeopathy).

Then was bitten by a tick at 1 year old and fell down with lyme disease in a matter of days! Bad GI infection, joint pains, headaches. Got better until next summer, next tick bite. Every year, she would just collapse every new tick bite. Then recover with multiple treatment. Treated with lycopodium on and off from her classic homeopath since age of 1.

At 4, she fell down with a very bad TBE from new tick bite (tick born encephalitis). At 5, relapsed from chronic lyme, wheel chair (no tick bite). Recovered with nosode therapy, autonosodes.

By the end of the year 5, she caught chicken pox. While other children got better in maximum one week, it took her almost 3 weeks to get better. Bad infections in 'blisters' and then got allergic to own blisters, they took longer to heal.

I imagine she must have a constitutional weakeness... but I wonder if lycopodium is still what she needs...

Strawberries can be bad?? She doesn't take raw onions, but I do and love them... Rolling Eyes Why are strawberies bad? What about blackberries, Himbeere (forgot the name in English....)?

She loves all sorts of berries, most fruits and mostly only like to eat raw veggies (doesn't accept soup, porridge). Her diet is quite 'natural'. No milk, but lots of home made yoghurt. Is yoghurt as bad?

Why is pork bad? She eats very little, but is not fan.

If colds are a way to detox, and I block her development of colds, I really wonder if I'm doing bad to her, long term.

Can a constitutional remedy change at such young age?

I guess you should charge me for the consultation!

Thanks again.

selmanaka

Back to top Go down

Preventing colds with nosodes Empty medicine

Post  Dr. Nancy Malik Tue May 15, 2012 8:34 pm

In general, medicine should not be given at the very instant one found that he/she is having a cold. The body should be given a chance to heal of its own and develop immunity. In short medicine should not be the first choice but the last one
Dr. Nancy Malik
Dr. Nancy Malik

http://drnancymalik.wordpress.com/article/

Back to top Go down

Post  scarface Wed May 16, 2012 12:16 pm

Well, it depends....some colds you can stop, some not.
Depends of the cause and case.
If you have a cause from a agent like cold, cold wind, getting wet, drinking cold drinks or even a virusit is better to "fight" the cold with the right homeopathic remedies then to let the body fight alone, because it cannot restore so fast the state of health after passing a certain state.

The immune system (= the soul) knows what to to from the beginning, it does not need training because he has the wisdom and whole control over the body. But once certain areas of the body got cold or congested, he can't restore that so fast as with homeopathic help.

Other thing is to stop the secretions from the nose for example by force after they set in.
This might be dangerous, specially with the wrong remedy.

There are many documented case of cold stopped right away with Aconitum, Arsenicum or some other remedies and why should this be bad ?

I don't share your oppinion, although as I said, from a certain point is better to let the body do his job alone or with some minor help.

But you cannot make a general rule out of that because every cold and person is different.
And with weak persons will be always better to use homeopathy than not to do anything.

scarface

Back to top Go down

Preventing colds with nosodes Empty Immune system...

Post  selmanaka Mon May 21, 2012 10:58 am

It's been a while I do not post, but thank you two for answering...

I'm supplementing her with Vit D3 in winter and the situation got better, she only got the flu (once) but no colds this winter.

Now the season is changing, she's got polen allergy (eyes)...

I wonder if her constitutional remedy is not lycopodium anymore as it was in the past... I guess I got to get back to her classic homeopath...

I have been thinking about toxins: Plastics (that mimic hormones in our bodies), heavy metals and all the thousands of chemicals that are all around us, in the cell phone, car seat, shampoos, food. One may have an idea of what each of these chemicals do, but in combination, it is a mystery.

I suspect a lot of my daughter's problems come from such toxins too...

as for medicine against colds, I still have the same question, but I decided somehow to change a bit strategy... To use real plants (in tea or tincture form) instead of homeopathy. I feel that plants are more direct, less deep than homeopathy and might be better long term. Like our grandmoms did...

I start not to feel so comfortable with homeopathy for fast solutions (like colds and viruses causing diarrhea or so...). I mean, if I only used that stuff occasionally, it would be fine, but these stuff like aconitum, ferrum phosphoricum, all penicylins in homeopathic dilutions, alium cepa, even apisinum, work SO WELL and so fast that it is difficult to choose something else when I want fast solutions.... Specially with kids.

But the teas / foods are working too, and I find it should be better like that, as I feel more comfortable to use them long term. As they are more close to foods, I feel better in giving her that first. Things like thyme, oregano leaves, peppermint, St. John's wort, persimon leaves, cardamon, etc.

I could not find a pattern when she gets a cold or not. Possibly related to feeling cold, but not only. Kids hate to wear many clothes and at school I have no idea what kind of clothes she is wearing when she goes out to play...

In her case, her weakness is in the gastro-intestinal tract (we eat organic food about 80% of the time). I think her classic homeopath thought he would help her with lycopodium. I felt it helped but now, I am not sure anymore. I think we need to see him again...

thanks for posting anyway!!

selmanaka

Back to top Go down

Post  scarface Mon May 21, 2012 12:13 pm

I don't think you do any good by giving vitamin D3..it is a hormone and affect negative the whole body. This is what I know. Test it before you give it. Sometimes things only seem to help.
Put some water in a light violet bowl (you can paint it outside) and let in the sun about 30 minutes at noon, and give this water to drink often. It is a strong general remedy. This works only from may till october.

scarface

Back to top Go down

Post  selmanaka Mon May 21, 2012 12:55 pm

Vit D3 tests generally good. But if something else makes the same effect, I would try it, of course.

Do you keep your sun water for winter in alcohol? Does the sun imprint remains in the water in winter? My daughter's problem of weak immunity is basically in winter (from Nov to March, more or less).

I am recently doing some experiments with stones in different colors, and I am surprised at their effect. To her, I am using blue and purple (they test good for her) !!!

I was drinking water with amethists last year, but stopped doing that, as we moved back to a place with better quality water... Maybe I should do it back again. Very Happy

selmanaka

Back to top Go down

Post  scarface Mon May 21, 2012 2:01 pm

No, only works during that day, but the effect of the photons strenghten the body/soul, so also the immune system. Bring her also into the sun, the more the better. Then she will not need nothing in winter. Even better ist to buy this sun remedies here:
http://www.vitaswing.de/vs/bestellen.htm

Sun water, exposed the way I said is better then any stones in water, because it is a working, general remedy, strong as homeopathy but only positive. Stone has particular effects like homeopathic remedy so you have to choose the right one. With sun remedies is working always.

scarface

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum